Consular Service by Appointment Only
Customers who visit this Consular Section to request consular documentation without prior appointment may only be assisted in cases of duly proven urgency.
Portuguese ID Cards and Passports/Power of Attorney
- Make an appointment at: https://agendamentosonline.mne.gov.pt/AgendamentosOnline/index.jsf
- FAQs and help on using the online tool.
- Do not forget to click on “Submeter Agendamento” after you choose the date in the calendar;
- If you do not receive an e-mail confirming your appointment, that means it was not correctly done.
The confirmation you will receive on your e-mail must have all the details regarding your appointment – date, hour, full name, e-mail, phone number, etc. If you only receive an email that states that your “registo online” was successfully done, the appointment was not confirmed.
- If you come to the Consulate without a confirmed appointment, we will not be able to accommodate you as other people have made correct and final appointments for the same time;
- Do not schedule a “ato familiar” (request of appointment for more than one person in the same family). If you have other family members that want to renew documentation in the same day, please book the appointments for each document they need to renew under their own name.
- Apply with VFS Global at http://www.vfsglobal.com/Portugal/USA/.
All other appointments
- Email email@example.com for requesting appointments only within the area of jurisdiction of the Consular Section of the Embassy of Portugal in Washington, DC. See Consular Network to learn which Consular Office serves your area of residence.
- Please wait for our staff to respond to confirm the appointment. Consular staff will reply within 48 hours. Do not use phone calls to make an appointment.
- In your e-mail always indicate the following information for ID or Passport renewal:
1. State of Residency (If Virginia or Maryland, specify which city)
2. Full name and date of birth
3. Expiration dates of both citizen card and passport or whether it is a first time request of documents.
4. Possible urgent travel date.